Every State has different legislation pertaining to the funeral industry, but Members of the NFDA are signatories to the NFDA Code of Practice and, as such, offer only the highest standards of funeral service to their communities. Your funeral director will meet with you to discuss and explain the many aspects of the funeral with the family, setting out the various choices available and the costs involved. Funerals can be arranged in the comfort and security of your own home, or at the funeral directors offices.
Services provided by the funeral director may include:
- Arrange for transport of the deceased to the funeral home
- Provide mortuary services and dressing for preparing deceased for viewing and funeral
- Book church, chapel or other venue for funeral service
- Liaise with cemetery or crematoriums
- Liaise with clergy or celebrant
- Place death and / or funeral notices in newspapers or other form of media
- Organise family floral tributes
- Organise Orders of Service
- Organise Photo Presentations
- Conduct the funeral service on the day and time arranged
- Finalise the necessary paperwork to ensure all legal requirements are met
- Register the death with the relevant Births, Deaths and Marriages Registry
Talk to your local NFDA Funeral Director Member about the services they provide. With their expertise, support and advice, you can create a unique and meaningful farewell that brings with it comfort and peace as you journey on following your loss.